Monday, August 3, 2009

Pulled Hamstring? Experiences and treatments?

I was roller skating last night annd some kid threw his shoe out on the floor in front of me and i tripped on it and fell, pulling my hamstring- it is sore and hurts just about any time i move it. I know it is my hamstring, the muscle one stretches when doing toe touches. Should I use "RICE" -Rest, Ice, Compression Elevation- or heating pad, or will it just take time? any personal experiences appreciated please. Thanks.

Pulled Hamstring? Experiences and treatments?
I have had ALOT of experience with a pulled hamstring (I'm a track runner and pulled my hamstring last season) and what i did is ice it alot, massage it, stretch it alittle everyday (but not too much). Once it starts feeling better to the point where you can walk normally on it again, start doing exercises to strengthen it again, like simply standing up straight and bending your knee so your foot and the lower part of your leg is behind you.





Also, make sure other muscles around your hamstring are strong and stretched, such as your quad. Once you get back to your regular activities, it might hurt for about a week, but take about a weekend off and try again, and you'll feel as good as new.
Reply:You have the answer...RICEfor the first 48 hours. I'd then alternate the ice with a heating pad and see what feels better.


I've injured my hamstrings quite a few times. It does take time to heal. When it starts to feel alittle better start to do some stretches--sitting down and reaching toward your toes or placing your hands against the wall and streching your legs out.


If you are young and in good physical shape to begin with--all the sooner you will heal. The problem with hamstring injuries is that they tend to recur that's why it's so important to stretch.


GOOD LUCK



cat skin problem

No comments:

Post a Comment